Zoom is the best for E-learning

I had tried very hard to make Google Meet reach the features of Zoom but the final straw was that Google Meet was not secure. No way for us to stop others from presenting and thus interrupt the presentation. Lack of Annotation tools is also a major drawback. Too difficult and clumsy to piggyback other software to allow annotations.

This the post from someone when discussing security issues with Google Meet.
the Chen Den
4/2/20
There is  work-around: it's called Zoom. I use Google apps/suite and a certified Google trainer myself but Meet just isn't nearly as good as Zoom. I recently had a meeting with 70 students and I will never use Meet without the option of turning off screen sharing of participants. Meet is getting close (but not close enough) to zoom with extensions to emulate Zoom (Nod, grid view, etc).


In the video above comparing Zoom and Google Meet, the conclusion was that Zoom won by a knockout. Not really. With extensions Google Meet can approach the features of Zoom but never exceed them.

In fact, Grid View for Google Meet has no limitation on the number of users that can be displayed but it will become less useful if more than 49 users, so this advantage is not that great especially when it is not stable. Sometimes it does not work.

When I watched the Youtube comparing Zoom with Google Meet, he mentioned about Annotation tools which is built into the screen shared by Zoom. I had just tested it. You enable it by clicking the Annotate menu. Spotlight is a useful annotation tool. It is just a laser pointer.

Watch the video below if you are still not sure. I missed this feature because I did not share my screen the last time I tested Zoom. I just used its virtual background which is far superior to the extension in Google Meet.

We can have dual screens also for Zoom, just like Google Meet. The procedure is the same. I have not tested it yet, but there should be no problem.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Microphone pinouts

Review of Anbiux 1080p 130degree Webcam

Google Meet Grid View